Thursday, July 20, 2006

Stupid Loose Change Forum Post O' the Day

I browse the Loose Change Forum on occasion, even though I can't post there because they ban dissenters. I am always struck by the idiotic things people post, rarely corrected by their truth seeking colleagues. Not to mention the off-the-wall paranoid theories. My favorite is the thread on the dangers of fluoride, in which the poster manages to spell fluoride in numerous creative ways. In any case, this post wins my award for "Stupid Post O' the Day":

3. Osama, if hes still alive, has just a big enough ego to take credit for anything as a propaganda tool. I mean, the word "al Qaeda" comes from the CIA and wasnt even found til 2001..yet Osama now calls his group this? He's a liar.



OK, I have to be honest, his sentence structure is so poor that I am not exactly sure what "found" means, but I am assuming he means that the term Al Qaeda was not used until 2001. I found this interesting, because I remember sitting in a hotel room in Arizona in 1998, watching a documentary on CNN on Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda. So as we hop in the wayback machine, and do a Lexis-Nexis search, we find, that CIA front organization, the Vancouver Sun, August 21st, 1998:

Within hours of the Kenya and Tanzania bombings earlier this month, U.S. intelligence officers were pointing the finger at Osama bin Laden, the multi-millionaire Saudi dissident bankrolling a "holy war" against American interests worldwide.

Backed with a $ 500 million Cdn fortune he inherited from his father, a Saudi construction magnate, bin Laden runs a well-armed, well-manned terrorist organization like a private corporation from his base in eastern
Afghanistan.

Sheltered by the Taliban religious army that controls most of the country, 44-year-old bin Laden can call on between 3,000 and 5,000 Islamic extremists in a dozen countries to carry out attacks under his umbrella organization called Al Qaida (The Base).

11 Comments:

At 20 July, 2006 19:48, Blogger Manny said...

I browse the Loose Change Forum on occasion, even though I can't post there because they ban dissenters.

Piker. I got them to ban all Time Warner IPs south of 14th Street and west of Broadway. Witnesses from Tribeca who are doubtless itching to corroborate their version of teh twooth!!! with evidence of van explosions, controlled-demolition wiring harnesses in their street, cheering Joooos and other goodies are all banned if they happen to use Time Warner because one of their mods isn't aware that TW went to dynamic IPs a while ago. I expect that Karl Rove will be putting a little extra in my bonus envelope this year for that one.

 
At 20 July, 2006 22:01, Blogger Pat said...

I have an issue of Time from 1998 that has a profile of Osama Bin Laden with regard to the embassy bombings in Africa. But if it happened before a CTer was paying attention....

 
At 21 July, 2006 05:36, Blogger Good Lieutenant said...

ABC News did reports in 1999 that linked Saddam Hussein with al-Qaeda, and Bin-Laden and al-Qaeda are used by name.

British press, too.

More bunk fumes from the Truthiness movement.

 
At 21 July, 2006 05:43, Blogger Good Lieutenant said...

Sorry - broken link for the ABC News reports (an mp3 file that has been moved within the last 55 days).

The Herald in the UK also named al-Qaeda in 1999.

It should be a crime to be as ignorant as these CT moonbats. Have they even heard of LexisNexis or Google?

 
At 21 July, 2006 05:58, Blogger Avery Dylan said...

Like hey, man, I mean the truth?

It's going to be a good year for the truth!

It says it on the blog. "If you really want somewhere to shoot your mouth off, again, that's what the forums are for. Go nuts."

Like hey man, I mean, I told them to go nuts and like they did. And that's the truth.

 
At 21 July, 2006 06:31, Blogger Alex said...

"avery dylan", ok, man, your posting style was funny for about the first 50 posts or so. After that it started to get old fast. Everyone's got that one friend who tells the same joke or the same story 5,000 times. At first everyone laughs. After a while you do the old "ha....ha..." thing and look away. Eventualy it gets to the point where it just becomes emberassing.

At least, that's my take on it.

 
At 21 July, 2006 09:06, Blogger Jujigatami said...

I love Avery Dylan.

Keep up the good work!

 
At 21 July, 2006 10:16, Blogger Avery Dylan said...

Like, hey man, you know, I mean, ahhhhh, you don't have to read them like you don't have to watch Loose Change.

I mean, you like the music?

Like it says on the blog, go make your own movie.

 
At 21 July, 2006 10:51, Blogger Alex said...

:p

Since it seems I'm the only one who feels that way, I'll just go sit in my corner now.

 
At 21 July, 2006 11:21, Blogger The Artistic Macrophage said...

The main reason I get a kick out of Avery Dylan is because it is a constant reminder of the morons we are fighting against to get the REAL TRUTH out there.

The joke is old, and the more it wares on me, the more I am reminded of those idiots, and hence it renews my purpose here.

 
At 21 July, 2006 16:45, Blogger Avery Dylan said...

Like, hey man, there's more than one way to get Screw Loose Change in your google search ;)

(sorry alex...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home